This document will provide details on how to begin an in-person recording.
- Tips for recording in Lyssn
- Better audio quality means better transcription and more accurate analysis of your recording. External/USB microphones increase audio quality.
If you have a USB/External Microphone, place it directly between the two speakers; the closer the microphone is to the speakers, the better the audio quality.We recommend the Samson Go USB microphone for in-person recording.
- Minimize background noise in the room. Turn off white-noise machines, music or any other background noise to improve sound quality.
- Session recording lengths of 10min or greater will produce more accurate transcripts and metrics.
- The first time you log into the Lyssn platform, your Google Chrome browser will ask permission to use your microphone and camera (if applicable). Select allow when presented.
- Once your microphone and camera are accepted, go to My Clients in the upper left corner. If this is the first time you have logged into the Lyssn system, you will need to add your clients first. See How to Create a Client. Once you have one or more clients, click on the client’s name.
- Click the orange Start New Session dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the page and select Record in person.
- This will take you to the recording page. Click the orange Rec button when you are ready to begin recording.
- To stop the recording, press the Stop button (the orange square).
- If you are finished recording, click End Recording. If you are not finished recording, click Cancel, continue recording.